Is after-sales customer care necessary?
Every business wants loyal customers and long-term brand support. But many businesses do not care about after-sales customers and cause many losses. In today’s post, BEMO will explain the importance of after-sales customer care, and give some suggestions to improve the customer experience.
1. Should we take care of customers’ after-sales?
Customers are a valuable asset, because they are advocates, spreading the brand to many audiences. Therefore, even though customers have purchased products and services, businesses need to take care of them with superior sales policies.
Here are the benefits of after-sales customer care that businesses should refer to:
- Brand spread – After-sales customer care will help spread the brand widely and reduce communication costs. Customers will introduce the company to relatives and friends with similar needs, and they will be loyal customers forever.
- Competitive advantage – In digital business, competitors are willing to pay to get the same quality of goods and services to attract customers. But the battle will be on which companies can satisfy customers before, during, and after the sale. Therefore, after-sales customer care will be a competitive advantage for companies to retain loyal customers to the brand.
- Negative feedback reduction – Hundreds of sellers, thousands of buyers, so feedback from customers is inevitable. It is a sign that the product or service needs improvement. And if businesses have after-sales customer care services such as asking and sharing during use, they will feel happy to suggest issues that need to be improved gently. This will also reduce negative comments after a customer makes a purchase.
In addition, when building a good after-sales customer care system, businesses can minimize the communication crisis, which is one of the negative impacts on the brand.
But to get the above benefits, businesses need to have good product quality first. And then building a professional customer care team will be suggested in the section below.
2. Ways to increase the after-sales customer experience effectively
To increase the after-sales customer experience, businesses should:
- Timely follow-up and support – This is what businesses should do because customers will be impressed with the brand when they are being cared for, and help them solve it promptly if there is a problem. In addition, the specialized department can also know if the service staff’s attitude is good to correct and improve the policy when needed.
- Empathy with customers’ problems – For customers to return to buy products, businesses need to empathize and enthusiastically solve problems related to products and services. This shows customers that your company not only sells good products but also a place they believe in, and return again.
- Proactively offer solutions – When customers contact to solve problems with products or services, specialized staff should listen and offer solutions instead of avoiding them. This will make customers feel respected and sympathetic about the brand.
- Policy for loyal customers – No matter where the customers are, they all want more benefits with the money they spend on purchases. Therefore, businesses should take advantage to create a list of loyal customers such as a special discount code only for VIP objects, or invite them to participate in a program sponsored by a brand, and many preferential policies throughout the year. To encourage them to buy, etc.
- Building a customer care system – In addition to having a professional customer care team, businesses need to focus on building an overview system such as ERP to quickly review customer’s feedback and employees’ interactions. This will help businesses control the risk of crisis and loss of customers stemming from the ineffective work of employees.
These are the basics of customer care that businesses should consider when they want to retain customers. Leaders also need to control employee activities, respond to customers promptly through systems such as ERP, because it will save time, costs, support revenue improvement…
BEMO is the total management ERP platform, we bring solutions including:
- Human resource management
- Customer care management
- Sales Administration
- Enterprise asset management
- Inventory management
Please contact BEMO for advice and experience each module at the most competitive cost.