Improve job arrangement skills for newcomers
In an organization, each individual may have a lot of tasks to complete, requiring them to have the skill to organize their work to meet deadlines and still deliver the best results. However, most of the new graduates or newly employed people lack this soft skill, leading to low work productivity.
In this article, BEMO will help you improve your work arrangement skills to improve work performance, and balance between working and personal life.
1. What is work arrangement skills?
For people who are working, the skill of organizing work is determining the tasks that need to be done to complete on time. This is an ability that is highly appreciated by management, and also demonstrates the working capacity and responsibility of an employee in the organization.
A person who knows how to organize their work proves that they are clearly understand the amount of work that needs to be completed during the day, knowing how to divide time appropriately for each task. For those with good organization skills, they will all plan carefully for the tasks and complete them as soon as possible but still ensure the output
2. 6 ways to practice work arrangement skills effectively
With these six ways, new hires can learn on their own to organize their workloads and complete the tasks in the best way
- Make a to-do list: Quickly make a daily, weekly or monthly to-do list and prioritize important tasks. In particular, you must find a place that is easy to observe and convenient to put the list, easy to track the tasks according to the arranged time. This way will make you not miss any tasks, as well as solve them on time.
- Improve your concentration: Have you noticed that your phone, iPad, and social media apps constantly notify you as a nuisance that interferes with your concentration? BEMO is sure that you will not be able to accomplish anything if you are working with your electronic device, and will lead to poor results.
- Check your progress continuously: Checking your progress will show you how much progress is being made, and how much time is left to complete the task. As a result, you can adjust your working time more appropriately, and also know the problems that arise at work for the next plan.
- Know how to say “no”: You have to schedule important tasks to do. If you find it impossible to complete these tasks on time, you should refuse other people’s unimportant requests. This is often seen in newcomers, afraid of conflicts or displeasing with colleagues, so they embrace all the tasks, leading to no work being completed and being poorly evaluated.
- Self-Discipline: Any arrangement plan will not succeed if you lack discipline. That means you must not procrastinate with the work goals set and the work must be fully complete..Start with the smallest goals and stick to the plan to create habits later on for larger tasks.
- A clean workspace: The inspiration to work every day more or less comes from your work area. If the desk is too cluttered, it will be easy to distract from work, because maybe you need to find a document but it takes hours to find it. Therefore, you should clean it regularly and remove unnecessary furniture around the work area.
In short, the skill of organizing work can be trained and you yourself have to be persistent to achieve success. Hopefully, this article will help you look back at yourself, learn how to plan and organize to be more productive at work. Hopefully, this article helps you to re-examine yourself to be more effective at work. In addition, you can learn other necessary skills to improve your own skills!