Improve job arrangement skills for newcomers
In an organization, each individual may have a lot of tasks to complete requiring them the skills to organize work to bring out the best results. But most of the newcomers lack this skill and cannot work efficiently.
In this article, BEMO will help you improve your work arrangement skills to enhance your self-worth.
1. What is a work arrangement skill?
For a worker, the skill of organizing work is to identify the task elements that need to be done on time. This is an ability that is highly appreciated by managers and at the same time demonstrates the capacity and responsibility of an employee in the organization.
A person who knows how to organize his work is aware of the number of tasks that need to be completed during the day, and how much time is allocated for each task by himself. For those with high arrangement skills, they all have a tight plan for any tasks and complete them as soon as possible but still ensure quality.
2. 6 ways to practice effective work arrangement skills
With the following 6 ways, newcomers can organize their own workload and complete it excellently.
- Need a to-do list: Quickly make a list of tasks by day, week, or month and prioritize important tasks. In particular, you must find a platform that is easy to observe and convenient to track tasks according to the scheduled time. This way will make you not miss any work, as well as solve them quickly on time.
- Improve concentration: Have you noticed that annoying things interfere with your concentration such as phones, Ipads, social applications’ constant notifications. BEMO is certain that you won’t be able to finish anything if you both use electronic devices and work like that, leading to poor results.
- Check work progress continuously: Checking work progress will show you how complete it is and how much time is left for the task at hand. Thanks to this, you can manually adjust your working time suitably, and realize what problems arise to prepare the next plan at the same time.
- Know how to say “no”: You have to schedule important tasks to do. If you find it impossible to complete these tasks on time, you should turn down a coworker’s unimportant request. This is often seen in newcomers who are afraid of conflicts with colleagues so they take every task, and result in no work being completed.
- Self-Discipline: Any arrangement plan will not succeed if the person himself lacks discipline. That means you must not procrastinate with the work goals set and have to do it no matter what. So, start with the smallest goals and stick to the plan to create habits later on for bigger tasks.
- The workspace must be always clean: The inspiration to work every day more or less comes from your desk. If the desk is too cluttered, it will easily distract you from your work because it may take you hours to find a document. Therefore, you should clean up regularly and throw unnecessary items on the desk.
In conclusion, work arrangement skills can be trained and you must be consistent to be successful. Hopefully, this article helps you to re-examine yourself to be more effective at work.