Is the ERP System vulnerable to hacker attacks?
The consequences of a management system like ERP when attacked are huge because business data and customer information will be easily stolen. This is also the worry of businesses when they can’t decide to implement ERP. Let’s learn about the security of the overall ERP management system in the article below.
1. Is the ERP System easily attacked?
In addition to the cost issue, the concern of businesses when implementing ERP is the security of the system. Because many cases from large corporations in the world have occurred, management system attacks have severely affected business operations.
This alarms Vietnamese businesses about the danger when the management system is not strictly managed. So what causes the system to be easily attacked?
The core reasons that create opportunities for hackers to attack ERP systems can be:
- The management levels do not control the company’s confidential data and properly delegate the tasks. This is the first cause for the internal system information to be leaked, because of the subjectivity of businesses today, and the team in charge of the operation is not assigned specific powers right from the start.
- The system is not updated to the new version is another reason for the system’s lack of security. Usually, new versions of the software are released to fix previous bugs and to create a shield to protect the system from hacker attacks. But if the enterprise does not regularly update the upgraded version from the supplier, it will easily create a vulnerability for outsiders to easily attack.
- Staff lacking training in system security is also a shortcoming from the professional department and brings the risk of information being stolen. For businesses with a size of 500 employees or more, the control is difficult, so all levels in the business need to be trained properly such as access passwords, phishing emails, how to use software external, contact person handling during the use of the software, and a variety of other alerts.
These are three common reasons that businesses when implementing ERP systems are prone to losing information, and leading to trouble for the business.
To avoid attacks from hackers, what should an administrative system ensure? Please read below.
2. What do businesses need in order to protect the ERP System?
Once the digital transformation has been defined, security is essential, and to do that, businesses need to:
- Continuous technology update – A must-have feature in the digital transformation operating environment at enterprises is to grasp the latest technologies so as not to be outdated because if using old technology versions, it will be easy to attack by hackers, newer updated versions are more technologically secure.
- Building a solid ERP management process – Because ERP can connect the working processes of departments more closely, and share related information quickly and consistently. Therefore, information security is also significantly improved so that business activities are not broken and vulnerable to attacks. Therefore, businesses need to come up with an organized and closely linked working process between departments, as well as discuss with experts to agree before implementing ERP.
- Looking for a long-term partner – Building an ERP system will require perseverance on the part of businesses, and trust in partners. Because they will be the ones responsible for consulting, together with businesses to come up with processes, train employees, and build a perfect security system in the digital transformation process.
The above are warnings that when businesses need to deploy ERP systems, there will also be difficulties. However, everything can be solved when businesses carefully prepare each step from the process, training, and finding a reliable partner like BEMO. We will ensure the smooth operation of the business administration system, the highest security with cloud computing, SSL, and bandwidth protection so that the system is not attacked.