Is the ERP System vulnerable to hacker attacks?
The consequences of a management system like ERP when attacked are huge, because business data and customer information will be easily stolen. This is also the worry of businesses when they can’t decide to implement ERP. Let’s learn about the security of the overall ERP management system in the article below.
Table of Content
1. Is the ERP System easily attacked?
Aside from the cost issue, the security of the system is a major concern for businesses when implementing ERP. Management system attacks have severely harmed business operations as a result of numerous cases from large corporations around the world.
This alerts Vietnamese businesses to the dangers of a poorly managed management system. So, what makes the system vulnerable to attack?
The primary reasons that allow hackers to attack ERP systems include:
- Management levels do not have control over the company’s security data and do not delegate tasks properly. Because of the subjectivity of businesses today, this is the first cause for the internal system to leak information, and the team in charge of operation is not assigned specific powers from the start.
- Another reason for the system’s lack of security is that it has not been updated to the latest version. New versions of software are typically released to fix previous bugs and to create a shield to protect the system from hacker attack. However, if the enterprise does not regularly update the upgraded version from the supplier, it creates a vulnerability that outsiders can exploit.
- Staff lack of training in system security reflects a lack of expertise and increases the risk of information theft. Control is difficult for businesses with 500 or more employees, so all levels of the business must be properly trained in areas such as access passwords, phishing emails, and software usage. External contact, handling during software use, and a slew of other warnings
These are the three common reasons that businesses when implementing ERP systems are prone to losing information, and leading to trouble for business. To avoid attacks from hackers, what should an administrative system ensure? Please read below.
2. What do businesses need in order to protect the ERP System?
Once the digital transformation has been defined, security is essential, and to do that, businesses need to:
- Continuous technology update: The ability to grasp the latest technologies in the digital transformation operating environment at enterprises is a must-have feature in order to avoid being outdated, because using old technology versions will be easily attacked by hackers. Newer updates are more secure in terms of technology.
- Building a solid ERP management process: Because ERP has the ability to more closely connect departmental work processes and share related information quickly and uniformly. As a result, information security has been significantly improved so that business operations are not disrupted and vulnerable to attacks. As a result, before implementing ERP, businesses must develop an organized working process, establish close links between departments, and consult with experts.
- Looking for a long-term partner: Businesses must be patient and have faith in their partners when developing an ERP system. Because they will be in charge of consulting with businesses to develop processes, train employees, and build an absolute security system during the digital transformation process.
The preceding are warnings that when businesses need to deploy ERP systems, they will face challenges. Everything, however, can be solved if businesses carefully prepare each step of the process, provide training, and find a dependable partner like BEMO. We will ensure that the business administration system runs smoothly and securely, using cloud computing, SSL, and bandwidth protection to ensure that the system is never attacked.